Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Book I Can't Wait to Read

I am so fortunate to be enrolled and studying at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition in New York where I listen to lectures by some of the world's best leaders in health and nutrition. I listened to a lecture by T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. who wrote a book with his son, Thomas M. Campbell II, titled, "The China Study."
The book discusses numerous scientific studies concluding the correlation of a diet high in animal products with disease. It's the most comprehensive book to discuss this correlation with scientific studies that I have found. During the lecture, I was able to see some of the charts from the studies comparing diets from countries around the world to chronic diseases such as breast cancer. The results were astounding.
No matter what your eating beliefs or current diet is, I believe this is a must-read for all! If hearing the words, "no animal products", "vegan", or even, "vegetarian", make you cringe and roll your eyes and think, "I'm not a hippie!", or "I need protein", I would STILL strongly suggest picking up this book and reading it. Why not learn everything you can about what you're eating and fueling yourself with? Why not dive into an amazing book about the science behind nutrition? Why not learn something new? You never know when you'll be stuck in a room full of veggie-munching hippies and need something to talk about!
The charts are easy to understand, and T. Colin Campbell speaks as though he was born to do this, and I'm sure he will write just the same.

"If one opens a book to learn and discover with an open mind and heart, good things will always flow in."

No comments:

Post a Comment